When you are on a ketogenic diet, your body starts burning fat for energy. When they have you fast for 12 hours before the test, it up-regulates the burning of body fat. HDL packets transport fatty acids from the tissues to the liver, and LDL packets transport fatty acids from the liver to the tissues. When you are keto adapted and your body shifts to fat burning mode, it continues to burn fat when you are fasting (your body doesn't care whether you eat fat, or take it from adipose tissue) and the liver transports it to the tissues via LDL protein packets.
Articles in this section
- How do I make Bulletproof Coffee?
- When will you have 5lb. bags for the dark roast coffees: Mentalist/French Kick?
- My LDL has increased to [x] from [y] in [z] amount of time. Why is this happening?
- Bulletproof coffee contains an unusually large amount of fat, can that cause an increase in bad cholesterol?
- Can I make BP Coffee the night before, and drink it in the morning?
- Why isn't my coffee vacuum sealed?
- How much caffeine is in your dark roasts?
- Will the dark roasts have a lower amount of antioxidants?
- How much caffeine is in your coffee?
- What is this Proposition 65 warning?